Tuesday, June 17, 2008

hyper ballad by Björk

We live on a mountain
Right at the top
Theres a beautiful view
From the top of the mountain
Every morning
I walk towards the edge
And throw little things off
Like:Car-parts, bottles and cutlery
Or whatever I find lying around

Its become a habit
A way
To start the day
I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

Its real early morning
No-one is awakeIm back at my cliff
Still throwing things off
I listen to the sounds they make
On their way down
I follow him with my eyes till they crash
Imagine what my body would sound like
Slamming against those rocks

When it lands
Will my eyes
Be closed or open?

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you


i was introduced to Björk by suzie - my younger sister, decade ago. personally, i found Björk works were (and still is) rather weird, interesting and surprisingly amazing. be it melodically or lyrics. this is an album that most of my friends would be surprised to know that i actually have one. 8-)

hyper balled is a song by Björk, released as the fourth single from her 1995 album Post. In the lyrics, she talks about waking in early before her boyfriend and throwing small objects off a cliff, watching them smash. She imagines her body in their places, which makes her feel better about returning to her safe home and the arms of her lover. hyper ballad was the song receiving most votes from Björk fans on the overall survey for her Greatest Hits album's song list.

4 comments:

Mat`amiT said...

dier tu org maner, namer pelik nk sebut susah

Life's Like That said...

i've heard her too - but i jst cant take it.. i remember her walkin on the red carpet waerin a 'dead swan' on her shoulder - like nbdy biz. weird, isnt it.. (tho it wasnt a real swan, tho).

looka80 said...

aa - the correct pronunciation of her name is "b-york". hehe. she's an icelandic.

jm - oh yes, i remember that swan-thingy! but i thot she was cool. huhu.

Jai said...

AA

b-york tu org singapore tapi dok kat sweden kalau tak salah aku ah..dulu dulu dengar juga lagu dia.. tapi sekarang ni dah mengikuti lagi